Monday, June 15, 2009

Deez Nuts


Chocolate is my favorite thing. Only second to sex.

Growing up in my home town of Oakdale, the air frequently smelled thick of rich chocolate permeating from the local Hershey factory. This was true, especially in the early morning when the chill of the frost made the air cold. Unfortunately, Hershey moved it's production to Mexico. Many of the people in my town lost their jobs last year as a result of Hershey clsoing down their production. Needless to say, I don't buy Hershey anymore.

Fortunately, when Hershey's closed down in my town, another (even more delicious, high quality) chocolatier open in the factory's space. Sconza. Sconza has been around the bay area for over 50 years. Now their operation in Oakdale employs some of my old friends again. Hazel always hooks me up with chocolates she helps produce at Sconza. This is one of my favorites "Chocolate Toffee Pistachios" - sweet, crunchy and buttery richness. Try deez nuts.

No comments: